Paseo de los Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33 Fraccionamiento
Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit Mexico 63732
52 (322) 226 8700 phone
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta - Mexico
WEDDING FEQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you hold destination weddings at your resort?
- Yes, we hold weddings at all of our resorts
Is there a dedicated wedding planner on site?
- There is a dedicated wedding planner on site at Dreams Villamagna who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you let me know availability for the other Dreams Resorts & Spas?
- There are dedicated wedding planners at each resort who handles their individual wedding schedule. Please contact the wedding planner at each resort for the most accurate schedule.
What services does your wedding planner provide? Is there a fee?
- There is no fee for the use of our wedding planners. A specialist will assist you prior to and on your special day and is available throughout the entire experience to answer any question you may have regarding your event.
How much time would we need to reserve our wedding in advance?
- Weddings should be reserved at least three months in advance but one year or more is preferable if you have exact dates in mind. Some months are more popular for weddings then others, those dates are usually reserved fast!
How can we confirm our wedding date?
- There is a Wedding Request Form listed on the wedding page of each of our resort’s websites. Simply fill out this form and if the date is available, the weddings department at the resort will be happy to reserve a tentative date. After we receive a deposit and the signed contract, we will reserve that date for you.
What if we want to reserve on short notice?
- You should contact the wedding planner directly.
How many days do we need to arrive prior to the ceremony?
- You are required to be in the country at least four business days prior. Saturdays, Sundays and Mexican holidays do not count. Your arrival day does not count toward the “business day” requirement. You must arrive four FULL business days prior.
What is the difference between legal (civil), religious and symbolic ceremonies?
- Only a civil ceremony is legally recognized. A religious ceremony has no legal bearing and does not replace in any way the binding legal civil marriage. A renewal of vows or religious ceremony is a symbolic ceremony. It is performed by a non-denominational minister. (Please note that Catholic ceremonies cannot be performed outside the church). The bride and groom will receive a symbolic marriage which is not legally valid.
Do we need to send any documentation prior to arrival?
- Yes. All legal documentation must be sent at least one month in advance to verify all information. Also, you must have all originals with you when you arrive at the resort. Details of legal documentation can be found in the legal requirement section further below in this document.
What private indoor and outdoor areas of the resort are available for a wedding? Are indoor spaces air-conditioned?
- You may choose the wedding gazebo or our Preferred Club beach area which are outdoors. During raining season (June – October), it is mandatory to rent a tent for outdoor events (for an additional fee). You may also choose indoor settings which are air-conditioned.
Can you email me a layout and images of these resorts? Do you have an online photo gallery or can you email me pictures of other weddings that have taken place at your property?
- Our wedding planner can email pictures of other weddings that have taken place at Dreams Villamagna. You can also browse the resort’s online photo gallery and be sure to check out the testimonials from some happy couples!
What do you offer in the way of decorations?
- We provide decorations such as flowers and centerpieces. Please browse the Wedding Guide for additional options or contact the wedding planner directly.
What time of day do most destination weddings occur? Why?
- Many guests choose to marry around sunset, but any time is beautiful! Please be sure to leave time after the ceremony for pictures!
Will there be other weddings taking place at the same time as ours?
- Your special time is yours and yours only; however, there may be other weddings performed on the same day at different times or locations.
If we want our wedding on the beach, how is it set up?
- The basic set up includes: chairs for your guests, a ceremony table with white table cloth and a walkway to the aisle.
How do I get the free wedding that is advertised?
- Simply book a Junior Suite Tropical View or higher for a minimum of 7 nights (or 5 rooms for a minimum of 3 nights in any room category).
Is the ceremony performed in English or Spanish?
- Most of our judges perform the legal ceremonies in Spanish. You can select to have a translator at an additional charge. Ministers are fluent in English and are able to perform symbolic ceremonies in either language.
What if I don’t have a witness?
- If you do not have witnesses available, they will be provided by the resort.
What is the cost of a destination wedding at your resort, or is it included in the price of our stay?
- We offer three wedding packages. Rates and inclusions depend on which package you choose. We do offer a complimentary wedding package available when staying 7 nights in the specified room category (or book 5 rooms in any category for a minimum of 3 nights). Please refer to the main wedding package section of the website for details.
Do you offer a set wedding package, or do we choose the elements individually?
- We offer set packages however; you can add anything extra that you wish. Browse the Wedding Guide for details.
Can you email a price list to me? Do you expect those prices to change by the date of my wedding?
- Prices for our wedding packages are included on our website. For those little extra touches, a separate price list can be obtained from the wedding planner. Prior to your signed contract, prices are subject to change as services are provided by outside vendors.
If I want to bring friends and family members, do you offer a discount on the price of rooms?
- Special group rates are available when booking nine rooms or more.
How many guests are included in your standard wedding package? What do you charge if we exceed that number?
- Packages are valid for either 10 or 20 guests. Additional guests will incur a charge of $65 USD per person which includes the cocktail hour and dinner reception.
What about guests not staying at the resort?
- Guests who choose to come only for the event must purchase a wedding pass. A Wedding Pass for non-guests is $75 USD per person (arriving 30 minutes before the ceremony and departing 30 minutes after reception dinner.)
Do you require a down payment? How much? When is the balance due?
- For the Wedding in Paradise Package, a $100 deposit is required. For the Dreams of Love and Dreams Ultimate Wedding Packages a $500 deposit is required. The deposits are necessary to hold and confirm the wedding dates and will be applied to the total cost of the wedding package.
What is your cancellation policy?
- The wedding can be canceled three months prior to the confirmed date without penalties. If the wedding is canceled within three months, the deposit will be kept as a penalty and would be non-refundable. If the wedding is canceled, but the couple still travels as planned, the deposit can then be applied toward any additional room charges made during their stay.
Who performs the ceremony at your resort?
- A local judge or minister will come to the resort to perform your ceremony.
What if we want a ceremony that honors a particular religion; can someone of that faith be provided?
- We offer Civil Ceremonies (Justice of the Peace) or non-legal ceremonies (Symbolic by a Minister). If you would like to bring your own minister you are more then welcome to do so.
On the other hand, what if we want a ceremony that is not religious?
- Non-religious ceremonies are an option at all of our resorts.
How long is the ceremony?
- The ceremony lasts about 20 minutes. The optional cocktail party and reception follow shortly after.
What do brides and grooms typically wear at your resort for destination weddings?
- Brides usually wear the beautiful white gown they have always dreamed of. Grooms often choose to wear khakis and a white dress shirt. Most couples also prefer to go barefoot; however, the choice of your attire is up to you.
Will someone be available to iron my wedding dress?
- If you do not select a wedding package, or your wedding party wants to iron/steam their outfits, our laundry service can also prepare their garments.
What happens if we choose an outdoor ceremony and reception -- and it rains? Do you have a back up plan?
- Yes, we do have several options in this instance. These will be reviewed with the wedding planner during your meeting. Images of the locations can be provided to you upon request.
What time does the sun set and what is the approximate temperature an hour before?
- Sunset times and temperature vary depending on season. Please ask the wedding planner once you have selected your date.
What types of flowers are available locally? Is there a florist onsite?
- Tropical flowers are available year round. We work directly with a local florist to accommodate your vision. Please review the Wedding Guide for a few examples. Our wedding planner also has a floral catalog for you to choose from.
Is live music available? Can you email me an mp3 file of your house musicians?
- Live music is available. The wedding planner will be happy to provide you with a list of options. Some of them even have web pages or CD samples.
Can we supply our own music on CD?
- Yes, however, there will be an additional rental equipment fee for this.
Can you email me suggested menus for the reception?
- We have several different menus available. The wedding planner will be happy to send them to you. You can also find select menus in our Wedding Guide found on the main wedding package section of the website.
What can you supply in the way of a wedding cake?
- The wedding cake will be chosen by you. Once you arrive at the resort you will meet with the wedding planner to choose your cake. Please refer to the Wedding Guide found on the main wedding package section of the website to view a sample of options.
Do you provide photography/videography services? What is the cost and what is provided?
- Yes, we do offer video and photo packages. Various packages and prices may be requested through the wedding planner.
Is there someone who can handle the legal details for us and will guide us through the process?
- Yes, the wedding planner deals directly with the local officials to coordinate the legalized wedding process
What are the requirements to get a marriage license in Mexico?
- Valid passport
- Tourist Cards (blue sheets that you receive at the airport)
- Apostille certified birth certificates for Bride & Groom (see below)
- If applicable, final Record of Divorce
- If applicable, Death Certificate
- Health certificate and blood test provided by a Mexican Official*
- Bride & Groom must arrive four business days prior to the ceremony! (Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays do not count).
*Additional costs apply.
Are witnesses required?
- Yes, four witnesses must arrive four days prior to the ceremony with passports and tourist cards (blue sheet received at the airport). Witnesses can be provided by the hotel if needed. Please note, parents of the bride and groom cannot act as witnesses.
What is an Apostille document. Why do I need it and where do I get it?
- Apostille is a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Documents which have been notarized by a notary public, and certain other documents, and then certified with a conformant apostille are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention.
I was divorced less then one year ago. Can I have my civil ceremony at the resort?
- Unfortunately no. If you have been recently divorced you will need to wait at least one year before remarrying in Mexico, and you must bring a copy of your divorce decree. Symbolic ceremonies, however, can be performed.
Can I translate my divorce decree and apostille document prior to my arrival to the resort?
- No, this must be done in Mexico upon arrival and should be handled by the wedding planner. An extra fee applies.
Do we need proof of any medical tests?
- Yes, a blood test must be taken (see below).
Which diseases does the blood test check for?
- The blood test must be performed in Mexico and should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results, together with a certificate of the blood test will be ready in 24 hours. Upon arrival, your wedding planner sets the appointment for the next morning at approximately 8.00 A.M. The test requires an empty stomach. The doctor will perform the blood test either in your room or in the planner’s office.
What is the price of the blood test?
- The cost of the blood test is $175. The payment must be charged to your room account. Doctors or others performing the test are not authorized to accept payments on site.
Can I have a doctor perform the test in my country and take the results to the resort?
- No, the test must be taken in Mexico to be valid, no exceptions.
Will I be able to participate in the wedding ceremony if the test comes back positive?
- No, according to Mexican Law, if your test comes back positive you can not legally be married in Mexico.
If we have to travel offsite to get the license, does your resort provide transportation?
- The wedding planner provides the license to you immediately after the ceremony, no transportation is required.
If my name is different from my passport and birth certificate will this present a problem?
- Yes, in order for the documents to be finalized and legal in Mexico, there must be documentation for differing names in order to get married (i.e. divorce, birth certificates, or passport amended, etc).
Will the judge perform the ceremony if all of our documents are not in order? Are there any exceptions?
- Sorry, if any documents are missing or incorrect there can be no ceremony. No exceptions. Your wedding planner will help assure that everything is in order.
How long will it take to get our pictures back, and can they be quickly posted to an online album?
- If you choose a photographer provided by our wedding planner, expect to receive your photos and photo album the day after the ceremony. Depending on the package, your images will be presented on DVD or in a lovely album that also includes the negatives.
Is there a private terrace or outdoor area where we can hold a rehearsal dinner?
- We can accommodate a rehearsal dinners at multiple locations. Please see the Wedding Guide for details.
Is there a charge for guests to participate in sports at the resort?
- Non motorized water sports are included in your Unlimited-Luxury® package. Please refer to the activities and entertainment section of the website for details.
Can you arrange a special tour or activity for our guests?
- These may be arranged through the preferred tour company set up in the resort lobby. They are more then happy to arrange a group outing to fit your needs.
Do I need any immunizations before traveling?
- You do not need any immunizations to travel to Mexico
What is the time zone?
- Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico is located in the Mountain Time Zone
Can I drink the water?
- Yes, all of our resorts have their own water purification system allowing the water you drink to be clean and pure. Purified bottled water is also readily available. Please be careful when venturing off of our resorts.
Can I bring dollars?
- Yes, American dollars are recognized and accepted in Mexico.
Are passports required? Is it easy to enter into Mexico?
- You must have a valid passport to enter Mexico. Due to the large number of passport applications, the US Government has allowed some passport flexibility to these countries. Please visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html for details.
Do you mind me asking all these questions?
- Not at all! Our wedding planners are happy to assist you in planning your perfect day, so please feel free to ask away.